Friday, 21 November 2008

Family Christmas Cards




Hi everyone, I thought I'd post some family cards today.
I usually make lots of christmas cards for myself, my Mum and my two sons, but this year I've told them they will have to buy theirs as I'm only making my own.
I know this may sound mean, but I honestly got so sick of making cards last christmas, that it took all the fun out of it. Also they can be bought so cheaply, that I sometimes think it's a wasted effort unless the recipient appreciates handmade cards.
Anyway, I've made one from my Mum for her beloved brother and his wife, another from me for them and my Mum's card from me.
The one for Mum's brother uses a wonderful image and backing paper which was kindly offered freely by Jak. She often does this sort of thing, which just proves how wonderfully generous crafters can be. If you haven't been to her blog before, why ever not? Pop over and spend some time looking at all her wonderful creations.
My card for my lovely Uncle and Aunt uses a stunning image taken from a calender and mounted onto some luxurious gold embossed paper. I've just highlighted with a couple of gems.
The final card is my card for Mum and uses another image from the same calender, this time mounted onto some gorgeous black 'tapestry' card and white glitter card (both from Joanna Sheen) and again finished off with a couple of gems.
I hope you like them, it made a nice change making these as I've been having fun with the cute cards up until now, and 'variety is the spice of life' or so they say.

37 comments:

Beryl K said...

Stunning cards Chrissie, I'm sure your mum and uncle will be over the moon to receive them
Beryl x

angeljakki said...

Lovely cards, love the one for your mum x

starcyl said...

Wow again Chrissie, just loving your work. Your mum will be bowled over with her card.

Sandra Wright. said...

Wow, fabulous cards Chrissie.I absolutely love the images, the one on your mums card is just stunning!

Hugs Sandie x

Ann Whitfield said...

Stunning cards Chrissie, your family will be thrilled
Ann x

Anonymous said...

Stunning cards Chrissie...I know what you mean about making lots of Christmas cards...!
Hugs
Carole :-)

Rosietoes said...

Gorgeous cards Chrissie. Love those ladies!
I've left you a little something on my blog. :)

Andrea, said...

Oh these are wonderful Chrissie, I love the images, they are stunning. I agree about making Xmas cards, I have made a lot less this year. Have a good evening

Carol said...

Hi
WOW they are gorgeous!!
Love the variety and the deco pic is my fav!!

TC:)

Anne said...

They are all beautiful cards Chrissie but I especially love the most stunning one you've made for your Mum x

Wheezie said...

Stunning cards Chrissie
x Wheezie x

Wheezie said...

Stunning cards as always
Your family will adore them
x Wheezie x

KraftyKoolKat said...

All three cards are really beautiful and original Chrissie. Very professional. Cathy xxxx

Beryl said...

These are lovely cards Chrissie. They are really elegant and luxurious.
Beryl xx

Barbara said...

I love the vintage look of these --- vintage in bright color! Your family will cherish these.

iReneM said...

Wow Chrissie, these are ace!
I love the elegant ladies.
If you pop over to my blog there is something for you
x

Annie said...

Fabulous card Chrissie and the images are stunning.

Ann xxx

Lavender Rose said...

These are all stunners Chrissie, love them all!

cats whiskers said...

These are just stunning Chrissie, where did you get those stunning images, they are fabulous. I know what you mean about making everyones cards, I think i will do like you next year I am tearing my hair out here trying to get everything done
Hugs Jacqui x

angeljakki said...

Lovley cards, i have just bought the black and white one for my daughter to make for her teacher x x

Annie said...

you have been busy Chrissie and I'm sure your family will love their cards. enjoy your weekend. hugs, annie x

Becky said...

Wow! they are gorgeous Chrissie, I especially love your mum's card, the lace detail and the image are so beautiful!
Love Becky xx

Rach said...

stunnning cards chrissie, so elegant, my fav is the one you made for your mum...hugs Rahcxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

There is something waiting for you on my blog!!!! Cathy xxxx

Chris said...

Beautiful cards Chrissie, I love the images and wonderful papers you've used. Don't blame you for just making your own cards this year, there are enough pressures at this time and as you say, too many takes away the enjoyment. Have a great weekend. Chris x

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful cards!

Carol said...

Gorgeous cards - love them all.

Just popped by to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and a peaceful and Happy New Year
TC
:)

Geraldo Maia said...

Hello Chrissie,
These are very beautiful "Family Christmas Cards"
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
From Brazil: Geraldo

Linnie said...

such beautiful cards
linniex

Susie Sugar said...

Hi what a great blog you have, I love your projects they are totally beautiful and lots of fun too.
Thank you for entering my blog candy .....good luck
Love Susie xx

mueppi said...

Hi Chrissie
you have made lovely cards!
Thanks for the good wishes for my health!
Hugs Gisela

Ila said...

All these cards are Gorgeous Chrissie!!..and I am with ya on the mean card maker thing...It doesn't pay to make them for people who don't appreciate them...even it they are family.
Thanks so much for your kind words on my blog!...Hugs, Ila

Susie Sugar said...

oh these are so classy , I love them
Hugs Susie xx

Heather said...

Oh Chrissie, how beautiful and elegant are these cards!! Love that beautiful girl in the bottom card.
I think I look like that....until I look in the mirror...sigh!!!
hugs Heather xx

cats whiskers said...

OMG how good are you Christmas cards in Spril, these are stunning hun nd well done
Hugs Jacqui x

Jill said...

ohh chrissie they are gorgeous and so beautifully made hugs Jill xx

DiVaS iN ReCycLinG said...

Wow.. your cards are amazing... your family will love it!

Magdalena