Wednesday, 10 September 2008

Birthday and Engagement cards



My youngest son rang yesterday to say he will pop over on Thursday to see us and have some dinner. Then he advised me that it is one of his best friends' birthday next week and she has just accepted a proposal of marriage, so could I make a card for each of these occasions and he'll pick them up tomorrow, no rush then!
The only clue I got as far as subject matter for the cards was concerned was that she liked horses, and for the engagement card he thought a silhouette.
As his wish is always my command, this is the result.

I got the image and sentiment for the birthday card from the internet, mounted them onto some cardstock and finished off with a little yellow flower, a cuttlebug oval and some alphabet peel offs from K & Co.
The engagement card image and backing paper is from Joanna Sheen's Dancing with Shadows CD, mounted onto pearlescent paper, with cuttlebug corners and a Craftybitz sentiment tag.

I haven't had time to do any challenge cards today, but hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to get one done.
Thanks for visiting, I hope you (and Gemma) like the cards.

14 comments:

Suzanne said...

Fabulous work as ever - love love that image
Thanks for sharing
Suzanne

PixieHouse Creations said...

WOW you go girl these are gorgeous cards and im sure will be very much loved
Wendy xx

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Hi Chrissie
These cards are lovely, the recipients will be thrilled with them.
Hugs linda x

iReneM said...

Two beautiful cards yet so different.
Well done, Chrissie, they are ace

x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. beautiful I love the horse card especially

Lorraine x

Ann Whitfield said...

I love the card Chrissie and I'm sure Gemma will too
Ann x

Beryl said...

Lovely cards Chrisse. Kids eh? After my being out all day my eldest daughter rings tonight to say could I make a medallion card for her friends wedding - she'd just remembered. Have to get it done tomorrow and posted the next day as they all live in Stoke on Trent.

Becky said...

They are gorgoeus Chrissie, I'm sure Gemma will adore them! So glad to hear that you've sold some cards, that's great news!
Love Becky xx

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Fabulous cards Chrissie - don;t you just love it when they do that to you?!!!

Rosietoes said...

I think you always manage to make cards that are spot on Chrissie. I'm quite sure that Gemma will love them. :)

Annie said...

oh the image of the girl with the horse is gorgeous.

Ann xxx

Bev said...

They are wonderful vcards Chrissie, I bet the recipient loved them.

hugs Bevx

Beryl K said...

Beautiful card Chrissie
Beryl x

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Love both of these cards Chrissie. Sounds like I've got all this to look forward to with kids eh???? Kym