Monday, 28 July 2008

Mum's Birthday Card


It feels like simply ages since I made a card, but with Mum's 83rd birthday coming up on the 5th of August I knew I needed to make a start on things, as I expect I'll be making cards for her from my eldest DS and DIL and my youngest DS too!
As she's been through so much recently I wanted to make this a special card and so decided to use a Harrison Fisher image as they are her favourites. This one is from Joanna Sheen's fabulous Fashion Boutique CD and is just so feminine.
I have used some of the beautiful white tapestry card (from Joanna Sheen) to make this 8x8 card and mounted the image onto some miri card then onto some lace paper (again from Joanna Sheen), apart from the trimmings this could almost be a complete Joanna Sheen one stop shop card. Does anything give you the impression that I love the quality Joanna provides in all her products? The card was finished off with bits and bobs from my stash.
My scanner hasn't done a great job with this card and it has also cut off the corners a bit, but you get the idea.

11 comments:

Lavender Rose said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! Chrissie what a stunning card this is. As you say your mum really deserves a special card now more than ever and this definitely fits the bill. The image looks fab against the gorgeous tapestry card and lace paper, well done :)

Annie said...

Bin visiting everyday - well almost - lovely to see you back in action and what a lovely card. I love that image - I've not used it yet but I will as soon as I can organise twice as many hours in the day.
lol
Ann xxx

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

This is gorgeous Chrissie - love the lace paper!

Rosietoes said...

This is a beautiful card Chrissie and I'm sure your Mum will be thrilled to bits with it. Sending her a (((hug)))for her birthday. :)

PixieHouse Creations said...

Ita a lovely card Chrissie your mum will love it
great to see you blogging hun,maybe i will soon as well lol
Wendy xx

Sam Woodruff said...

How lucky your mom is Chrissie...to receive such a lovely card. Hugs

Sue said...

Oh Chrisse, it is absolutely beautiful, I am sure she will love it. Glad to see you back making cards Chrissie.

Jak Heath said...

Fabulous card Chrissie, I think your Mum will have a tear when she see's it.

Ann Whitfield said...

Great to have you back blogging and crafting Chrissie - like Ann, I've been visiting on a daily basis on the off chance. What a gorgeous card to come back with too - your Mum will love it
Ann x

starcyl said...

Lovely card your mum will be over the moon, it's good to get crafting again isn't it.

Jenny x

Gosia said...

Oh Chrissie ! It's beautiful!!!