Wednesday, 4 June 2008

A couple more birthday cards



My eldest son called me on Friday to say that he and DIL were popping over on Saturday (her birthday) and could I make a card for her from him, stopped making cards for sale and made his one. Then on Monday, my youngest son called to ask if I could make a birthday card for him for a female friend called Sophie, it was needed for...Tuesday morning! At the moment I'm making cards like there's no tomorrow as Sophie's partner has said he'll put a box of my cards in his gym, so I stopped again and made his card, and as she's such a lovely girl I made her another card from DH and me.
Both the above cards are made with images and backing papers from Joanna Sheen's Fashion Boutique CD and just a couple of peel offs, very simple. Using this CD, you really don't need anything else as the images are perfect on their own.
I think the marathon card making session is more or less finished now as I have a box full of cards for sale, it was quite difficult to make cards for all ages and both genders and try to make them non-specific so they are appropriate for most occasions. I didn't really enjoy it as I felt I was rushing instead of just making something specially suited to a particular person. Fingers crossed that I sell some now to help towards all the money I've been spending lately on crafty goodies!

7 comments:

Rosietoes said...

Two gorgeous cards. See what you can do when you have to? Look forward to some more delicious cards Chrissie. :)

Jane's Blogs said...

Wow ... they are really professional and classy. Excellent work. Definitely lovely to have you back!!

Ann Whitfield said...

Two lovely cards Chrissie - I would expect your others to sell out very quickly
Ann x

Sue said...

Beautiful cards Chrissie. I love them both.

PixieHouse Creations said...

Love them both Chrissie,very cleverly done,can i have some of your mojo please?? hehe
wendy x

Lavender Rose said...

Beautiful cards Chrissie :) and well done on managing to make lots of cards to sell too! I wish I had used those chocolate images from Joanna's CD now on my friend's 40th card....started it last night and tried an exploding box for the first time, no idea how to finish it off though LOL!

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Just catching up Chrissie - two fab cards here!