
I don't know what's been wrong with me, but I haven't felt like making any cards for about a week now even though I've got some commissions to make, but during a regular family chat last week, my family were invited to a get together for my uncle and aunt's golden wedding anniversary, so I got myself moving and made a couple of 50th anniversary cards for them (one will be from my mum and one from me). Hopefully this will have done the trick and got me back into the swing of card making again.
I wanted the cards to look quite special, so (with a little help from some friends on Joanna Sheen's forum) I made them as 8 x 8 cards and used some of Joanna Sheen's beautiful tapestry cardstock (one in white and one in black tapestry).
The first card was made from white tapestry cardstock and I mounted the cut off piece of A4 onto some black cardstock and popped it on the front to make a side panel. I wanted to use one of their wedding photos and mounted this together with their names onto some gold miri card for the side panel of the card (the little bridesmaid is me). I also embossed some gold satin card with the Glitter Girl's Majestic board to give a scalloped effect to this side panel, while for the main part of the card I printed a lovely verse onto some gold vellum. The whole card has been finished off with some gold border and corner peel offs, a large white daisy with a gold gem in the centre and last, but definitely not least, I've used some beautiful adhesive pearls on the corners of the card and the verse.

3 comments:
Lovely card Chrissie. Hope you are now feeling lots better
Love and hugs
Cynthia x
Chrissie this is a beautiful card and they are going to love it! Hope you feel better. If I am not 100% or feeling down I can't even think about making cards so I know exactly what you mean.
It's a beautiful card Chrissie and they'll love it. Hope you're feeling better now
Ann x
Post a Comment